Gourmet Breaks in France
All of our holidays are individually tailored to your specific requirements, and each one is therefore unique.
Please phone (0208 166 5961) or email (email@example.com) for further information and a personalised quote for your unique French Chateau Holiday experience.
The following is an example of the type of itinerary we offer:
Luxury Gourmet Breaks France
- Thursday 23 May 2019 – Departure Central London to Poitiers on Eurostar / TGV standard class return.
- Private luxury coach transfer (about one hour south of Poitiers) to a splendid 16th Century Chateau in Charente South West France and fully refurbished in 2016.
- Champagne & French Caviar canapés on arrival
- Check-in to individual guest room – free time relaxation until dinner. (walk in the grounds or dip to the heated pool)
- Aperitif followed by three course French gourmet dinner freshly prepared by two qualified Chef on premises including wine
- Friday 24 May: Private transfer / Full day in Cognac – visit / lunch and tasting. three visits including 2 famous Cognac brands such as Hennessy and Rémy Martin plus a winegrower/distiller visit and a tour in the vineyard)
- Lunch locally beverages included (1 local aperitif, 2 glasses of wine and coffee) accompanied by a local Cognac expert guide.
- Return to Chateau – aperitif followed by a variety of French canapés then three course gourmet Dinner including wine
- Saturday 25 May morning: Initiation to French cooking class with the duty Chef - 09:30 to 11:00 am following by 11:00 to 12:00 wine expert course with a qualified Bordeaux Sommelier.
- Lunch - free afternoon relaxing by the pool or visit to Poitiers.
- Afternoon tea and snacks available for guests staying at the Chateau. (board and card games available)
- Saturday afternoon: private transfer / departure 13:30 - Free afternoon in Poitiers city centre – departure 18:00 back to the Chateau
- Saturday evening: Aperitif followed by a variety of French Canapés then three course dinner including wine
- Sunday 26 May: Full day / Visit of St Emilion village (Near Bordeaux classified as UNESCO world heritage site) Vineyard visit & tasting & lunch at Chateau de Ferrand (Grand Cru classé)
- Second afternoon vineyard visit & tasting at Chateau La Riviere (Grand Cru de Bordeaux)
- Return to Chateau - Aperitif followed by canapés then three course dinner including wine
- Monday 27 May: Full day at the Futuroscope Leisure Park Poitiers (Theme park based upon multimedia cinematographic futuroscope and audio-visual techniques. It has several 3D cinemas and a few 4D cinemas along with other attractions and shows)
- Monday evening: aperitif / canapés then farewell three course dinner including wine
- Tuesday 28 May: Transfer to Poitiers station for journey back to London (alternative mode of transport such as flights offered).
The above itinerary was based on 60 guests sharing on average a double room or twin room, the cost covering those dates inclusive of all excursions, breakfast, meals (dinners and lunches where specified), transfers, flights, cooking lessons, Sommelier visits, in-house staff is £1,284.00 per person.